Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Update

As I have said many times before, time seems to go by so fast and life seems so busy, that I would like to sit down and blog, but don't do it.  I ended my last post sharing about the book "Choosing Gratitude" that I have been reading and studying.  I really want to come back to some thoughts on how God has been working and changing my heart, but for today's post I am just going to update what's been happening with us for the last month.
We finished up our internship at Harvest Bible Chapel in Hickory, NC at the end of January.  We stayed with my mom for 3 nights while moving into our house!  That feels very weird to say after being "homeless" for 15 months.  It has been fun finding all of our stuff again and also cleaning out what we really don't need anymore.  Slowly but surely things are starting to come together and find a place.
The boys both started school right away.  They both seem to be in a good routine and I am pleased with their progress.  This is our first experience with public school.  I at first was a bit nervous, but they have great teachers and I am excited to watch them grow.  The school is literally 1/2 mile up the road which is nice!
Finally, let me say that I am so excited to watch God building Harvest Bible Chapel Greenville South.  I stand amazed at the people He is bringing to our path and them getting excited and burdened about our church.  I feel so blessed to be just a part of what God is doing.  We are having our first core group meeting this Sunday night.  One of the couples from our group that I from Iowa will be here this weekend too! (They will be moving here this summer....that is an awesome story in itself)
So, my heart is overflowing with gratitude and excitement of what God is going to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment