Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Grace for Every Need

I didn't want to stick with a total grace theme for this blog, however God is reminding me everyday of my life how without His grace, we are nothing!  These past few weeks dealing with my dad's health (and lack thereof) has been a real challenge for me.  Not because I doubt God or question His ways, but trusting in the fact that He knows my dad's future and the plan He has for his life.  I know what plan I have for my dad's life.  I have sat for the past 2 days reflecting over my life for the past (almost) 33 years and thought about what influence my dad has made on who I am today.  Not just who I am as a person (personality, etc.) but who I am as a child of God.  I thought about the grace of God in saving my dad in his early 20's and giving him a love for God and desiring to raise his family in the right way.  This couldn't be easy as my dad wasn't raised in a Christian home or really around church at all.  Wow....what would my life be like if I didn't have a strong, Godly example to pattern to me what being a Christ follower looks like.  My dad has read his Bible everyday that I can remember.  He has always had a desire to encourage others to read their Bibles and study it for themselves.  Several of his former students have shared that with us in the last few days/weeks.  That is a testimony and that is my daddy!  He is the most humble man I have ever met, yet strong and full of wisdom.  I have seen the grace of God so evident in his life the last few weeks.  I can't imagine where I would be today if not for the grace of God that was extended to my dad, who in turn taught it and lived it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment