Friday, March 18, 2011

Grace in Action

So we heard news yesterday about my dads cancer-it is still there!  Not really the news we were hoping for, but I know that ultimately God is the one in control.  The only option he really has is surgery, which is not really what he wanted to do.  More than likely they will have to cut out his whole tongue which isn't something pretty or fun to think about.  I think I am a bit selfish because I want my dad to be the strong pillar he once was and now I see him weak and frail.  With all that in mind, I look over the last 9 months (since his diagnosis) and see how God has given us such grace to deal with what He has placed in our path concerning my dad's cancer.  Even though at times it seems very overwhelming to take in what the doctors say and what they want to do, I know that that ultimately God is in control and that is the only thing that gives me any kind of hope.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."  Jeremiah 29:11
"The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him."  Lamentations 3:24
"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer."  Romans 12:12

1 comment:

  1. Erin, I am praying for you guys. We heard an incredible message last night in our Bible Conference about God's goodness (Psalm 73). I couldn't help but think about Uncle Bob and this situation throughout the whole message. One phrase that the pastor said over and over is that "It is easy to say it (that God is good) but not always easy to see it." I will pray that God will provide His perfect peace during this time (Isaiah 26:3). I love you, Kari

    ReplyDelete