Sunday, March 27, 2011

Recap of My Weekend

I was given the opportunity this past weekend (Friday night & Saturday) to attend the Extraordinary Women Conference at the Bi Lo Center.  It was awesome!!!  Something I have never experienced before.  I was able to go with 2 friends and enjoyed experiencing this with the both of them.  There were several speakers and dynamic music by Casting Crowns and Michael O'Brien (who led worship).  I guess I would have to say my 2 favorite speakers were Lysa Terkeurst and Candace Cameron (Bure).  (I know lots of links, just in case you want to check them out.)  Lysa spoke about trusting the MESSiah to take your MESS so He can give you a MESSage to share with others.  That really spoke to my heart as life lately has seemed just a bit "messy" and I don't want to stray from the opportunity I have to share Christ's message with others.  Candace Cameron gave her testimony about "being good is not good enough."  She shared how Christ convicted her of her trying to be "good" and of her need of a Savior.  You can find her testimony on her website and probably on You Tube-very powerful the way God is using her in Hollywood.

In light of my wonderful experience at the Ewomens conference, my parents left today to head to Charleston/MUSC (Medical University of South Carolina) where my dad will have a feeding tube placed tomorrow around lunch time.  This is a surgical procedure and he will stay in the hospital one night for observation, and for my mom to learn to "feed him."  They also will have various doctor appointments to prepare for his upcoming surgery (that has still not been scheduled).  Please continue to pray for my dad, as he is experiencing lots of things physically that are hard to bear at times.  Also, continue to pray for my mom who is his main caregiver, that God would give her the grace and strength to help him as needed.  They will Lord willing be back home on Thursday or Friday.

On Friday before heading to the conference Sam and I were able to have dinner with Kevin & Beth White, who are missionaries in Bolivia, South America and also dear friends of ours.  They were in town for the day and it was a blessing to spend a couple hours catching up with them.  They have been home on furlough and heading back to the field in June.  Always a great time of fellowship with them and sharing what God is doing in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment