Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Parenting 101

The title sort of sounds like a college course doesn't it?  Don't you wish there was a college degree offered in parenting?  I do! : ) I love my 5 precious kiddos, but sometimes they completely stump me and I don't know what to do.  Our church has offered a 4 part parenting class and Sam and I signed up to give us a refresher.  Its so easy to get tired and unfocused on the important things in raising and training children, especially when they are in the ages of 2-7.  Sometimes training (proactive training) is so tedious and overwhelming when you have lots of little ones, however the benefits are so rewarding.
I was reminded again of the importance of being as consistent as possible.  I realized that some things in parenting are completely my deal, not my kids deal.  I am going to work on creating a more structured atmosphere as to avoid some conflict and create a peaceful environment.  If you know me, I am not very organized, but am looking to do a better job at that.  I want my kids to be great adults that will be humble and moldable to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment