Friday, February 8, 2013

Sharing My Heart this Morning

This is going to be a little side note.  : )  Just want to encourage you in your quiet time.  God has used praise music, music that brings glory to Him and who He is.  Not just songs about God, but songs I can sing directly to Him.  I love having songs like this playing all day while I am at home, or in the car.  It is a constant mindset on what He has done for me and How much He loves me that helps me most in times of doubt, confusion, fear that helps me.
I hear so many people that struggle with their self worth, etc.  Where do you find your worth?  Do you find it from your husband/boyfriend and the expectations you put on him to say just the right thing to make you feel better.  Or maybe your self worth is in your kids and how they behave or the accomplishments they do.  Maybe it's your friends, surely they can make your life so fulfilling.  Or maybe it is a circumstance that you just know will go a certain way, but it doesn't.  Well, I am not sure if you have figured this out yet, but people are human just like you.  Do you always say the right thing or do the right thing in all these relationships?  No....because we are broken!  So why do we look to people that are broken like us to fulfill us when there is one who is perfect, holy and who has already paid the price for all of our sin.  It is only when I have put my expectation and self worth in HIM that I feel so full and a sense of true joy.  A piece of this is control...yikes!  As women, and even men, but more so women our core sin is control.  Control over everything, not just our husbands, but life in general.  You know, why can't I control my kids...if I would just spank them more or be more consistent.  Why can't I control my husband, he really is messing this up and needs to listen to what I have to say.  My friend, see I need her to do this or act this way or in some way do something for me and that isn't happening.  My life, you see I need it to go this way because then it would be so easy or how I had planned things to go.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."  Jeremiah 29:11 (ESV)

Our hope is not in the now, but what God is doing in us and changing us to be more like Him for the future.  The now may hurt, but looking back on the hurts, that is what made us stronger and what He wants us to be.  That is what energizes me to move forward, even when I don't understand or see where we are headed.  I will touch more on control in a later post, but wanted to share a bit this morning of what was on my heart.  Thank you Lord that you are changing me everyday into something more beautiful than I was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment